A couple of weeks ago, Colin and I took a class at The Chopping Block that focused on Middle Eastern cuisine. I knew I loved all things food from that region of the world, but I had a reawakening as we dug into the amazing meal we had prepared during class (more on that later this week on their blog!).
So, later that week, after we had gobbled our way through our leftovers, I threw together this dish: an amazing, full of banging flavor vegetarian main that’ll bring the color to any dinner party. Oh, and did I mention it takes less than a half hour to throw together? And that it’s vegan and gluten-free? Yeah, it’s a winner.
The crowning dish of a vegetarian table
Jeweled CauliflowerBy Page & Plate, May 6, 2019
A whole head of cauliflower is roasted to a golden brown and smothered in rich pistachio pesto to form a breathtaking centerpiece.
Makes: 5 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves peeled
- 3/4 cup of olive oil, divided
- 1 cup of roasted pistachios
- 1 cup of mint leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 chili peppers, roasted and sliced
- microkale, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400, and set a cooling rack inside a baking sheet. Pro-tip: this helps you roast the entire cauliflower from the bottom up as well as the top down.
- Douse the cauliflower with olive oil (about 1/4 cup) and salt, then bake for about 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the pistachio sauce: in a high-powered blender (I use this one), blend the pistachios, mint, lemon juice, and olive oil together until it's kind of pesto-textured. I like mine to have some body to it, so I don't go too crazy.
- Alright, set that sauce aside and take your cauli out of the oven.
- It's time to assemble *~*the centerpiece dish*~*: set the cauliflower onto the serving plate (carefully, okay? It's hot!), then coat it evenly in the green sauce. Top with the roasted chilis and microkale. Ta-dah! And hot damn.
- Serve with rice or couscous because that sh*t is perf.
Pst! This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Page & Plate!