This ice cream is a summer staple in our house, and it's hard to tell who likes it better, Colin or Daily.
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
15 oz. of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp of vanilla
1 cup of blackberries, crushed
1 sleeve of your chocolate sandwich cookie of choice, crushed
- Using the whisk attachment, whip the heavy whipping cream for about five minutes until you have stiff, stiff peaks. If you whip too hard and somewhat curdle the cream, never fear. You can fix this by being a bit rougher on step two to take some air out of the cream.
- Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk, folding in gently with the spatula. Keeping as much of the fluff in the cream as possible does wonders for making this taste like you churned it for hours. I don't know why! It's a texture thing!
- Add the vanilla next, and fold it in gently per above.
- Finally, fold in the blackberries and Oreos. Or whatever your chocolate sandwich cookie of choice is. Mine was Whole Foods's knockoff, because that's where I was when I decided I wanted ice cream.
- Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan or fancy ice cream container if you have it. (I have it.)
- Freeze for about five hours, then just go crazy.