I'm not huge on the whole sweet breakfast thing, but these muffins are an exception. The nuttiness from the almond meal, crunch of the toasted almonds, and tart apricots are just enough to take this muffin from h'okay to hubba hubba. (Sorry.) I found the recipe on Blossom to Stem and adjusted the ratios of almond to regular flour to lose some of the extra moisture.
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of almond flour
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 cup of plain, whole milk yogurt
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of butter, melted
2 tsp of vanilla
3 apricots, halved and peeled
almonds for garnish
honey for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 and grease and line a six-seater cupcake tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours and baking powder, whisking thoroughly. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the sugar and wet ingredients, whisking thoroughly here too. Also, why aren't you ALWAYS whisking thoroughly? Hmm?
- Time to combine: add the dry ingredients to the wet, then stir until just combined.
- Split the batter between the tins evenly. Top with an apricot half, inside side up.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Around minute 15, sprinkle with almonds and a drop or two of honey.